Human Resources are a significant challenge for businesses in general and this is certainly true for many companies engaged in boatbuilding and boat repair and service. NSBA receives funding from Labour and Advanced Education (LAE) to address these issues in addition to funding from the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency to manage the Boat Builder and Marine Service Technician trades.
- NSBA’s 2019-2022 Human Resources Strategic Plan, as presented to LAE
- NSBA’s 2019-2022 Action Plan, as presented to LAE (amended March 2020)
- NSBA’s 2020 Workforce and Training Survey
In addition to the work NSBA is doing, there are some great resources available from the provincial government and other agencies:
- The NS Works Human Resources Toolkit (the HR Toolkit) is designed to help employers find and keep the right workers, motivate them, and develop their skills to help employers have the teams they need to remain competitive.
- NS Works Welcoming Workplaces offers resources for employers to attract and/or support a more diverse workforce with people from groups that are often underrepresented in the workforce.