- This event has passed.
Information Session: Boat Builder and Marine Service Technician Trades
January 25 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Anyone interested in learning more about the Boat Builder and Marine Service Technician trades is invited to join us for an information session at the Eastern Canadian Fisheries Expo in the Board Room of the Yarmouth Mariner’s Centre. The emphasis will be on how to become certified for those who have been practicing in the trades for a number of years, although information will also be available about apprenticeship pathways.
Who should attend
Anyone who has been practicing as a boat builder or marine service technician for a number of years and would like to get certified, those who are certified and would like to take on apprentices, and those with any other questions about certification through either the apprenticeship or trade qualification pathway.
What you’ll learn
- The general scope of the Boat Builder and Marine Service Technician trades
- Some of the advantages of being certified
- How each trade is assessed for certification (for experienced practitioners and for apprentices)
- The requirements to be certified as an experienced practitioner (trade qualifier)
- Training and support materials available to those seeking certification
- Where to find more information
- Fees and next steps
Seating will be first-come, first served. There is no charge for attending.