On this page you will find employment opportunities and current job postings in the boat building industry:
Seasonal Labourer (Full Time) – Marina Yard Crew
Shining Waters Marine (148 Nautical Way, Tantallon, NS B3Z 2P3, Canada)
Love working outdoors and around the water? Love boats even more? Then you should consider coming to work for Shining Waters Marine for this upcoming season. We are looking for someone to join our yard crew to help haul/launch boats. You will work with our Yard Manager doing numerous tasks in and around the Marina. There is some heavy lifting but you get to play with big pieces of equipment and handle nice sail and power boats. You can start earning hours toward your Marine Service Technician as part of the NS Apprenticeship Career path. Below is the job description. Please forward your RESUME and SALARY Expectations when you apply.
Labourer / Yard Crew Summary Labourers / Yard crew must be flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in all conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service. Duties and Responsibilities: • Assist the yard manager with all aspects of hauling / launching / storing boats • Power wash and deep clean boats • Responsible for maintaining general cleanliness of the boat shop and yard, removing trash and debris • Responsible for daily equipment checks ensuring it meets safety requirements • Annual/Semi Annual maintenance of all equipment as outlined in Owner’s Manuals • General boat repair as required: sanding, scraping, painting, cleaning, polishing, waxing etc. • Assist the technicians with maintenance and other tasks – as requested and time permit • General grounds maintenance as requested – tasks could include mowing lawn, gardening and other general grounds keeping. • This position reports directly to the Yard Manager, with functional direction / oversight by the Manager
Key Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behavioral Characteristics Needed
1. Maintain a positive attitude – always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
2. Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
3. Maintain a service oriented and positive, respectful attitude towards SWMS clients and other staff members
4. Maintain knowledge, understanding and comply with all SWMS Policies, Rules and applicable Occupational Health and Safety legislation
5. Operate SWMS vehicles, vessels and equipment in a competent, professional and safe manner
6. Requires lifting 100 pounds at times with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
1. Flexibility in work schedule during peak season demands, special events, severe weather conditions etc.
2. Forklift Operators Certificate – an asset but not required
3. Fall Arrest Certificate – an asset but not required
4. Valid Nova Scotia drivers’ license
5. Valid Pleasure Craft Operators Card
6. Marine and Boating Experience an asset
Email to email@example.com with your resume and salary expectations.
Subject line: Seasonal Labourer Job Posting.